Sunday, July 22, 2012

Stuffed Poblanos

This invention was not actually "stuffed."  I had this epiphany last week and made it come to life (with some help from the interwebs).  What did I do?  First, I halved poblano peppers and broiled them for a few minutes.  I intended to stuff them, until I saw that parcooking them made them collapse.  So I made a poblano casserole.  The second layer was a mixture of cooked chicken (I bought a rotisserie), chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, black beans, and sauteed onions.  All topped with shredded pepperjack cheese and cooked until melted.  Garnish with avocado and plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream, I guess.)  On the side: rice cooked with chicken broth, lime juice, and cilantro.  Yum! 

Trooper and I had a nice little Sunday.  He went to the groomers while I volunteered at the museum and then this evening we went to the dog park with his bestie, followed by wine and jig saw puzzles for moms while the doggies played.  We just miss the Legal Beagle.  (Wah, come back!) 

No comments: