Monday, August 12, 2013

More Muffins

Today we celebrate my wonderful husband's first day of work!  He just jumped in our new Corolla and headed west.  To help him have a fabulous week, I made him some healthy muffins to take with him.  These muffins are from a great blog, 100 Days of Real Food.  They are completely sugar free (and use honey and juice to sweeten.)  This woman has some great lunch box ideas.  You might use them for your child, but I use them for my 32 year old soon to be lawyer friend.

I can't believe the summer is winding down.  I had a great time tutoring the kiddos this summer and was able to work almost 30 hours some weeks.  They have asked me to help with some sort of ACT middle school program for a few hours a week next month in addition to my regular nights/ weekend hours. 

I have registered for my first 5K since our return to Illinois and since the marathon!  I'll be running in the Graham's Ice Cream (our fave ice cream parlor and site of many romantic dates) next Sunday.  A half hour run with ice cream at the end sounds pretty lovely. 

We are excited for a few weddings (and trips) this fall.  We'll be in Seattle the first weekend of October and Atlanta in the middle of November.  I'm looking forward to enjoying a good old Midwestern Fall, including Pumpkin Fest and apple cider doughnuts.  We've already discussed how beautiful Trooper's coat will look near the autumn leaves.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Did we find the 100 days of real food blog independent of each other? Of course we did. :) Love you!