Monday, August 19, 2013

Camarones

Run, Little Amanda!  Move those lil' pale legs!

We had a lovely weekend.  On Saturday, I was a lady who lunched al fresco, which was wonderful.  We also caught up with some friends and watched some kiddo anarchy.    On Sunday morning, I ran in the Graham's Sundae 5k.  It was a beautiful day and beautiful course.  I had the most awesome fan club cheering me on, which included my lovely in-laws, my husband and TWO doggies!  I pushed myself and finished in 26:05.  (My best 5k was 5 years ago at 26:02.)  This run was not microchipped, so I am thinking I actually ran it at just about 26 minutes.  I was the 45th runner to finish (out of 300 and some) and 16th female.  If the age groups had been in five year increments, I would have been second in my group, but since it was a small run, they were in 10 year increments, so I was fourth.  Still pretty good, if I do say so!  Then we headed to Graham's and enjoyed their wonderful coffee.  (I sadly did not get my free ice cream at the end; I felt like I was going to vomit.)  I tutored for a few hours and had a really great dinner cooked for me!  If you love shrimp and spicy and smokey foods, make this Shrimp Diabla!  http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130813/entlife/708139857/  It was so flavorful.  You could also use the same sauce and add chicken if you wanted.  Thanks, chefs!

No comments: