Thursday, August 29, 2013

Getaway!

Is it really almost Labor Day? 

I've been preparing for a little weekend getaway to Ohio with my lovely husband.  It will be about a 7 hour drive.  I feel like we should plan one more trip this summer to the East coast, just so we can say we crossed the country together.  (And if you were wondering, Trooper is staying with the grandparents.  He's pretty excited.)  We have a few people to visit and I am hoping to get a good taste of the Midwestern summer before it winds down.  We've had some hot and humid weather in Illinois but I know before we know it I'll be complaining that it's too cold.  

Otherwise, I Jim is loving his new job and keeping himself busy with the law.  We have started to research our big move to our own place and hope to have it all figured out by October.  I am looking forward to the fall and some new adventures. 

Until then, I whipped up this Coconut Curried Shrimp for dinner this evening.  It's a pretty easy one and could be made with tofu, chicken, or just veggies.  Don't do anything Laborious this weekend. 

No comments: