Sunday, February 10, 2013

Reduction in the Wolf Pack

When you are a part of an awesome wolf pack and the pack is reduced by 33%, you miss that missing wolf.  Come back, Wolf! 
The Legal Beagle has been gone since last Wednesday and Trooper and I have been left to fend for ourselves.  A few weeks ago, we decided to take Trooper off of his medicine because he's been doing so well lately.  And then the itching started again.  BIG TIME.  We gave him a Benadryl to help, and that night he had one of his head tremors.  Benadryl was the only medicine he had in his system, and after some googling (medical diagnosis via the Internet is always reliable), I read that in some dogs, the active ingredient in Benadryl can cause toxicity, which can lead to head tremors.  Then we started him back on the Cyclosporine.  What a handful!  (But he's worth it, of course.)
Did I mention that I ran 13 miles yesterday?  We did it!  Luckily the weather was great and the run went really well.  I had to hobble out of bed this morning and wasn't sure if my feet were properly connected to my legs, but I did it!  And there are only four more long runs left in training!  

No comments: