Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lean Proteins

I've been trying to up the lean proteins in my life.  On Sunday evening, I made Giada's White Bean and Chicken Chili to have in the fridge for last night.  I really enjoyed the flavors and Swiss Chard.  I served it with garlic bread and we're enjoying our new fave banana bread for a treat.  It's sooooo yummy.  And it's healthy, right?  Dark chocolate is so good for my heart. 
Last night I also prepped mini egg white fritatas for breakfasts.  I bought a small carton of egg whites and mixed in spinach, mushrooms, and cheese, then cooked them in muffin tins at 375 for ten minutes.  I've done similar ones (with yolks and chicken sausage) for Book Club, and they were a hit there. I ate two this morning with a small piece of toast with avocado.  And I'm sure I'll be ready for my banana/ peanut butter granola bar by 9am.  What are you gonna do?
Speaking of Book Club, I have not started this month's book, but I am still working through Jon Krakauer's book about Pat Tillman and Afghanistan, Where Men Win Glory.   I've also read Into the Wild, and really enjoy his journalistic style of writing.  I had no idea who Pat Tillman was and even if you did, you were probably wrong. 
No running tonight!  Cross training with yoga.  Last night my dear running buddy was sick, so I ran on the treadmill.  I'm glad she took the night off since she wasn't feeling well, but don't love running 5 miles on the treadmill.  All part of the territory though. 
And if you need to talk to the Legal Beagle, he is running at full speed and it appears that he will be doing that until May 19th.  He's a nut!

No comments: