Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Biryani and Yoga

Every Tuesday I go to yoga at Hardcore Yoga.  I love it even when I hate it.  Yoga is a nice time to look within, even if those things you think about are, "I really need a pedicure" and "My yoga mat smells like pot roast."  (Both of those things have literally gone through my mind in yoga class.)  Yoga is also a great way to cross train when you're running more than you should be.  One of the positives of making the great move in life to come here is that I started pursuing yoga more often and feel stronger because of it.
After yoga I made a lovely biryani.  This is a great weeknight version of the classic Indian dish.  I replaced the curry paste with curry powder and added some cayenne pepper.  I served it with cooked carrots, white jasmine rice (I let Jim have a break from brown rice!) and Trader Joe's garlic naan.  It was really tasty and yielded a lot of leftovers.  You should try it and hopefully it will make you think, Why do we not subscribe to the Metric System?  (Sorry, Jimmy Carter.  I still love you.) 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

 chicken biryani recipe
http://www.raviparscha.com/chicken-biryani-recipe.html