Friday, January 11, 2013

Training

What does this gal need to run 9 miles?  New shoes (Saucony; I bought the same pair I trained in last year), running leggings, running shirts (layers), fleece (it's cold!), cushioned athletic socks (no cotton), watch (I'm obsessed with knowing what time it is), fuel pack with water bottles, Gu (I don't even want that gelatinous substance is made of), and cash in my purse for the GIANT pastry and coffee I'll be purchasing at the Hideaway Bakery when I finish.  (A lot of you helped purchase some of this great gear for Christmas or my Birthday!  Thanks!)
Everyone's favorite law student was sick as a dog this week.  It may have been the flu, but when you're as tough as that guy, you push through it.  He's back in action tonight making me a lovely pizza.  He's back to school on Monday, so it's a good thing he's better.  (Last semester.  Holy cow.)
In other news, I met with the director of Big Brothers Big Sisters to start the process of finding a new mentor for my LS.  I don't know how long it will take, but it's about that time.  Life is changing around here!

No comments: