Monday, January 21, 2013

Put Down the Quinoa

Well, readers, you're actually going to have to NOT buy quinoa to make the recipe I (like a jerk) posted last week.  According to some sources, we're actually oppressing Peruvians by purchasing it.  I'll be conducting some research into wheat and grain options.  I'll get back to you later on that one.
I am currently on week FIVE (of 18) of marathon training.  Our long run was 10 miles on Friday and I'm still hurting from it.  Tonight was a five mile run, and the good thing about running 10 miles is that it makes five feel like nothing.  Let's hope the next 13 weeks continue to go smoothly.  (Even if I'm limping a bit.)
Have you been wondering how Trooper Zika is?  I thought so.  He's been doing really well.  He's barely itching, and if he does, its not enough to give himself hot spots.  We've decreased his medicine quite a bit and are thinking of taking him off of it completely.  Since he's doing so well we haven't had him groomed and he has some straight up Grinch paws.  Life is pretty good for him.  He not only went to a party until 1am on Saturday, but he also gets to hang out with his buddy/ boyfriend during training.  (Trooper knows that his mom will love him no matter who he loves.)
What a great day for our country!  Hopefully everyone took a moment to consider the significance of Barry's inauguration on MLK day.  And I'm putting this out there: if Hilz becomes president, I'll be in DC for her inauguration.  With bells on.