Saturday, January 19, 2013

Quinoa and Tofu

I made this pile of super foods last night.  It includes quinoa, tofu, kale, pumpkin seeds, and a veggie party.  (I am very lucky to have an open husband who ate it all and even complimented it.)  But don't worry, we still indulge at the manor.  Last Sunday I made these manicotti.  They were really, really delicious and a great make ahead meal.  I've never stuffed manicotti before and it gave me a new appreciation for Italian grandmothers.  What a labor of love!  Jim said, "I could eat that whole pan" so I am assuming they were good.
We made it through Jim's first week back just fine.  Four more months!  Can you believe it?
I am up early this morning for our 10 mile run.  It's been cold here but we've had a long break from the rain, which has been really nice.  Once we start running, the cold doesn't bother me.  On Sunday we will have finished our first four weeks of training!  (14 to go.)
 

No comments: