Sunday, December 9, 2012

Portlandia

Things you may overhear in Portland, Oregon:

"I was in an improv show where every time we heard something funny, we yelled SURREALISM!"

"Some guy wants to pay me to do a portrait, but he doesn't have a phone, so I have to mail him a postcard."

"I went to a home birth today.  I missed the baby by three minutes but saw the placenta."

"Did you take care of that thing you had to do down in California?"  (By thing, he obviously meant drug deal or kill a man.)

My girlfriend and I had an overnight adventure in Portland.  If you've ever seen Portlandia, it's pretty spot on.  Nothing but hipsters.  We actually shopped at every corporate chain possible (first stop Whole Foods) and ate at her sister's restaurant. 

Legal Beagle updates: bowling championship tonight!  And one and only final on Wednesday.  Yay!

No comments: