Saturday, December 29, 2012

Marathon Training Week 1

First week: almost done.  Seventeen more to go.  This morning was my first long run: 7 miles.  The good news is that it felt great.  An hour before my run I ate a half of a whole wheat English Muffin with peanut butter and drank a half a cup of coffee.  Once a run exceeds an hour it's not a smart decision to do it on an empty stomach.  Seven miles took me exactly an hour and ten minutes, which is a ten minute mile.  I've decided that I will not wear my watch the day of the run.  I'm trying to take a Buddhist attitude about my time.  Or a Beach Boys attitude.  (You get there faster if you take it slow.)  After the run I ate the other half of the English Muffin with peanut butter and honey.  As the runs get longer, I'll start using a gel pack about an hour into the run.
In more exciting news: Staycation is upon us!!

No comments: