Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

 Check out my new Florida hoodie from a sweet guy!  I have wanted a zip up one for awhile and my wish was granted.  PS I do not blow dry my hair on holidays at home.  I also wear leggings (not pictured.)
I made Jim and I matching stockings!  I took a class at a local fabric store and loved the vintage fabric they had there.  I was pretty impressed with myself.  (If I do say so.)

We are wrapping up a lovely Christmas at the Manor.  Yesterday started day 1 of my 18 week marathon training.  (Yikes.)  It actually started very easy, with a 3 mile run.  I woke up early and did it on the treadmill on our apartment complex workout room.  Luckily I've been trying to around 45-60 minutes of cardio lately, so it was an easy start. 

After work, Jim swooped me and we had a Christmas Eve beer at 16 Tons, one of our favorite local watering holes.  We then came home and made BBQ shrimp and I fell asleep on the couch.  This morning we woke up and opened all of our presents (thank you everyone!) and I put a strata in that I'd made last night.  (Pancetta, onion, and fontina cheese.) 

We've been taking it easy all day, talking to friends and family and relaxing.  Right now I have a ham and cheesy potatoes in the oven.  I also made a sweet potato mash with chipotle powder, cumin, and cinnamon.  Back to work tomorrow and then only three work days until Staycation 2013.

As usual, the best present is my wonderful family and friends.  I hope you have a happy healthy holiday and are getting ready for a great 2013! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

No comments: