Monday, February 13, 2012

Awesome Enchiladas

A friend gave me this Enchilada recipe from one of the Denver Junior League cookbooks and we LOVE it.  It's more of a Sunday dinner as there is a lot of chopping and other prep, but it makes a giant pan and has great flavors.  (Judy, Jim wanted you to make sure to try this one.)  Instead of boiling the chicken, I bake it a la Ina (at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes with olive oil and salt and pepper) then shred it.  I also don't have the tummy for an entire can of chipotles (even though Jim does.)  (My chipotle trick is to divide one can into zip lock bags and freeze the ones I don't use.)  If you like spicy Mexican food with yummy melted cheese, make these.  And if you want them less spicy, just decrease the chipotles to your liking.
I've also stumbled upon this super cute blog, Idle Fancy.  It has inspired me to tackle a new pattern: Cynthia Rowley's Simplicity 2215.  I'll keep you updated on how it goes! 

No comments: