Sunday, November 13, 2011

Winery Fun

Jim and I went out to Sweet Cheeks winery yesterday for an Executive Wine Tasting.  (Oh la la!)  This included tasting 12 wines and a cheese platter.  We didn't get to the last two wines because the Legal Beagle had to get home to study, but we still had fun.  Now he's preparing to hunker down until mid-December.  The good thing is that when he emerges from his finals cocoon, he's a new man (butterfly?)  He also has to go to Bend for court this Thursday/ Friday.  What a busy guy!
On Friday night I tried a really tasty Emeril recipe.  As the reviews recommended, I used much less salt than he called for.  If you like pesto, this one's a good recipe to try.
Tonight I am making a pot roast.  I am basing it off of a Tyler Florence recipe (can't find it online; took it from his cookbook) and some suggestions from my favorite little friend, Vanessa.  I am going to whip up some mashed potatoes on the side.  I also tried to make pumpkin bread this afternoon, but forgot to add the baking soda (so frustrating) so it came out more like a pumpkin pound cake.  The good thing is that Jim eats like a pregnant lady, so I'm sure he'll eat it all. 
Later this week I'll post about my new adventures in granola making.  (When in Rome.)

No comments: