Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Feast

 Do you know about home made gingersnaps?  They are Jim's fave cookie.  Moist and chewy and snappy.
 I love making pies for holidays.  This Dutch Apple pie is from the BH&G cookbook, a good cb to have around the house.
 We made a feast!  I made homemade cranberry sauce (even used Willamette Valley cranberries.)  It makes you wonder, why do people eat the canned "sauce?"  I also made these awesome smoked scalloped sweet potatoes, Trader Joe's green bean casserole, and Jim made Ina's sausage and herb stuffing.  Our friends brought over a giant free range, organic turkey (I think it was 20 lbs or so!) and a hashbrown casserole.  It was a nice dinner with nice friends. 
 Trooper LOVES when company comes over.  He cuddled with them and played with them.  These are the "can you just drop a little?" eyes.  I did cook him an unflavored sweet potato chunk, and he loved it.
I really wanted a Thanksgiving tablecloth, but could only find paper ones.  It seems like Thanksgiving decor was swallowed up by Christmas.  I did look on Martha Stewart for table ideas.  And I printed out Thanksgiving trivia to read after dinner.  I think it was a hit.

No comments: