Sunday, October 21, 2012

Patch

Fun at the Pumpkin Patch!

Friday night was a successful Book Club.  We had 12 women attend, including a lot of new faces.  My inner nerd printed out questions about the book and the discussion lasted quite awhile.  I served this white bean and turkey chili and white bean dip.  I think both were a success.   I will keep you posted on our next book.

I have a bad (and good) habit of filling my weekends to the max.  On Saturday, I went to yoga, the farmer's market, the grocery store, mentored, and took Trooper to the dog park, and finally sat down at 7pm.  I have a really hard time sitting on the couch on the weekends and watching tv.  That's just the way I am. 

Mentoring continues to be a good challenge.  I took my LS to the corn maze and pumpkin patch and I think she had fun.  She and her life are just a roller coaster.  It makes me very thankful for my clean home and drama-free life.  It's hard to believe we have been paired together for almost two years!

This morning I ran in the Race for the Cure.  My friend and I ran the 8k option (about 4 miles) and we finished in 43 minutes.  Another cold and rainy Race!  But it was worth it.  Afterwards, my lovely husband took me to breakfast at Studio One Cafe, where I dined on Crab Cakes Benedict. 

And now I have a pot roast and sweet potatoes in the oven and will enjoy a quiet night with my doggie with the Legal Beagle goes bowling.  Then back to the coal mines tomorrow.  Sigh. 

No comments: