Sunday, October 28, 2012

Autumn

 I made one of the best Costco purchases ever last weekend: a Sherpa blanket.  It was only $17 and has already resulted in a LOT of puppy cuddles.  I also bought Trooper a new dog bed last weekend and a new bone yesterday.  Do I spoil him?  Maybe. 
The leaves have been beautiful and it's feeling fall-like.  In the Pacific Northwest, this means rain and rain and rain.  Which means cuddling with the above mentioned Sherpa blanket. 

We had a fun weekend.  We had an impromptu beer and wings triple date on Friday night.  And if you don't know, my lovely friend and I wake up early every Saturday, run, and then eat potato donuts at the Farmer's Market.  It's an ongoing date.  JMD went to the football game with a group he's been mentoring with (Dog Tags to Ducks) and I took my LS out to the movies.  And then we chillaxed together.  And I slept 11 hours last night.  So lovely.  This morning I made pumpkin pancakes, volunteered at the museum, and just whipped up meatloaf, homemade mac n cheese, and apple bars.  Oh, and the Legal Beagle's bowling team is #1 in his league.  He's feeling pretty darn content with himself these days.  (He should.)

Don't forget to vote!  Oregon is a vote by mail only state so we have to get ours out soon.  I'm sure you all know who to vote for.  (That is if you care about women, the elderly, minorities, and/ or the lower and middle class.) 

No comments: