Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Possessions

Look at that angel.  This poor pup is itchy again and has a hot spot on his little dog forehead.  Poor guy.  If you didn't know, I have a lot of love for this little animal.  As I've said, he's basically my spiritual leader.  He could be the next leader-in-exile of a certain formerly recognized country that I won't name.  (No need to be flagged by China.) 
And so you will be stuck with iPhone pics for a short while (hence Instagram above) because I dropped my beloved digital camera at the football game (triple wah) and the diagnosis is that it would be cheaper to buy a new one than to fix it.  Jim gave that wonderful camera to me for Christmas in 2009 and it was still working like a charm.  I had a total two day long pity party about that one.  But, alas, there is a solution: manufacturer refurbished cameras on ebay.  I am trying to remind myself that it's only a material possession.  What would my spiritual leader do?  (Take a nap.)  So hopefully soon I'll be back to being a (refurbished) photog. 
In the meantime, we can all look forward to the Legal Beagle entering his 32nd year!  I've cleared my entire weekend (except for a 25 mile bike ride on Saturday morning) to spend with him and the dog.  We'll keep you updated on our birthday festivities!

No comments: