Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Books and Such

I am excited to say I'll be hosting October's Book Club!  I was unable to attend the last BC (in August) and did not read the book.  (Fifty Shades of Grey.  I guess I am a bit of a prude.)  I picked a book for October that I have read before: The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz.  I am really enjoying reading it again.  It is a really interesting, well written book that reads quickly.  The style can take a little getting used to.  There is also a lot of Spanish, so I just try to pick up on context and plug ahead.  I'm looking forward to checking out Diaz's new book, which features characters from this book.
I am also excited to host a fall themed party.  I bought Halloween fabric to make a fall table cloth at the fabric store and already have a few fall candles out.  I'm imagining a pumpkin themed tablescape. 

No comments: