Friday, December 6, 2013

Oh My Ganache

When I have to work on a Saturday, I often have the luxury of having the day off on Friday.  Today I used it to do all of the things I like to do and then some: go to the gym, run errands, clean, bake, kiss my dog, walk my dog, etc.  If only I had made time to craft! 

I think my phone said it was 12 degrees out when I woke up this morning.  Even though it's cold, the sun is out, which makes a difference.  I just throw on three layers of pants and puffer coat and scarf and mittens and two hats and get outside with my doggie (who loves the cold weather).

Tonight we are going to put up our Christmas tree!  I made the gingerbread I mentioned in my last post as well as some Chocolate Thumbprint cookies with Ganache.  Martha Stewart (that genius) has three variations of cookie dough and even more combinations and permutations of how to prepare that dough.  You could seriously use this one guide to make dozens of different cookies.  (Which would be Jim's dream come true.) 

I am also making Giada's White Bean Soup and Grilled Cheeses for dinner.  This soup is so yummy and simple.  And I think my dairy free comrades could just skip the cream step.  After I blended it, it looked great as it was.  And do yourselves a favor: buy an immersion blender.  My soup making life has changed for the better after that purchase. 

Hopefully I'll be able to get a family photo by our tree tonight!

No comments: