Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Cookie Crazy

The Zika/ DiVerde house has a favorite holiday tradition: I make holiday cookies and Jim eats them.  We've been working on perfecting this tradition for nine winters now.  On Thanksgiving I made one of our favorites: ginger snaps.  I use the Better Homes and Gardens recipe.  Here are my tips: use butter instead of shortening.  (I have made them with organic shortening before for the dairy free people in my life.)  Just don't think about how much butter you are putting in.  Give in to the butter.  I also make sure to not overcook them.  An added bonus is that they make the house smell lovely while you cook them.  And in the spirit of ginger and molasses, I am planning on making a loaf of this sticky gingerbread to snack on while we decorate our Christmas tree this weekend.  And maybe a batch of cookies for my pal. 

No comments: