Friday, July 19, 2013

Summer

How am I supposed to ever get a book/ movie deal if I never post on my blog?


Summer evening bike ride along the Fox River.  Jim said, "Before we moved to Oregon, you would have never gone on a 7 mile bike ride to get a beer!"

It's hard to believe we've been in Illinois for almost two months!  Even on hot, humid days I still really like the Midwest.  Where else do you see lightning bugs at night?

Jim continues to study his buns off every day and night.  He will be taking the Bar Exam on Tuesday, July 30th and Wednesday, July 31st and will stay at a hotel those nights.  (It's better for all parties involved.)  He will find out his results (passing, duh) in October.

I am still tutoring kiddos part time and looking for a full time job.  I have had four interviews now, but nothing has worked out yet.  Patience, right?  Once we figure out what area we'll be living in, I will start looking for some volunteer activities.  My knees have finally recovered from the marathon (it only took two months) so I am back to running a few days a week, but nothing like those epic 2-3 hour runs.  (Insanity.)  It's been a good time to supplement running with swimming, free weights, biking, and lifting my wine glass to my mouth.

You are probably asking, "But how is the doggie?!"  Trooper is doing wonderfully!  He, too, is a Midwestern animal at heart.  (Did you know he was found wandering the streets of southern Indiana?)  He has adjusted to having four pug roommates and loves playing in the yard.  We have taken him off of his Cyclosporine and although he gets itchy, it is not bad enough to cause hot spots.  And, in general, he continues to be an angel.  Follow me on Instagram and you can see that mutt's mug shot.

No comments: