Friday, July 26, 2013

Cous Cous Salad

If you are looking for a way to use up some summer tomatoes, I highly recommend this Bruschetta Cous Cous Salad.  (I did not use the celery and cooked the cous cous in chicken broth.)  I served it with sauteed shrimp, but it could also work with chicken or as a stand alone dish.  Quite a lovely summer dish.

This morning my lovely husband and doggie took me for a chocolate croissant at one of our fave bakeries and on a walk at the Leroy Oaks Forest Preserve.  There were tons of prairie flowers blooming and it was nice to spend an hour strolling along together.  Someone has been in a pretty delightful mood considering what's coming up on Tuesday.  (Favorite comment of the week: "Things I should not have done: Google 'I'm taking the Bar in a few days.'")

Yesterday I accomplished a small goal: I swam the length of the pool with no kickboard and without stopping and while attempting to maintain proper swim/ breathing form.  This may seem like a small thing, but when I started my swim lessons in Eugene last year, I panicked when I would hold my head under the water.  Next stop: sprint triathlon (when I can afford a road bike.) 


No comments: