Monday, June 17, 2013

Whole Wheat Love

As most of you know, I love eating.  However, I try to not overeat and try to make sure the foods I'm eating are healthy for me.  (With the occasional pizza/ Italian Beef/ ice cream thrown in there.  Yolo.)  I have not done much baking since our return to Illinois, but I have been making whole wheat low sugar or sugar free muffins every week.  They are a great addition to Jim's lunchbox and a good snack for those of us on sabbatical.  This week I made whole wheat banana muffins (using three old bananas).  A lot of times I'll even just look at a regular recipe and substitute Canola oil for butter, honey for sugar, etc.  And if you're wondering, "Why even use whole grains?"  I found this article that is a nice little summary.  Why not at least give it a try?

No comments: