Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Status Update

Hi Dear Friends! 

It was brought to my attention earlier today that I have not updated my blog in a long time.  Update: we are alive and well and living in Illinois!

The drive from Oregon went very smoothly.  We took four days and spent the night in Twin Falls, Idaho, Denver, Colorado, and Omaha, Nebraska.  A few lessons learned: add about three hours on to the projected drive time on your phone and don't order a salad anywhere between Eugene, Oregon and Chicago, Illinois (Denver, I'm sure, being an exception.)  Trooper was an angel (of course) during the drive. 

When we arrived, we put almost everything into a storage unit.  We are staying with our wonderful family and their four pugs.  Trooper took a few days to adjust, but seems to be having a great time playing and running around their fenced in yard now. 
Jim takes the train downtown every morning at 7:30am and generally comes back on the 6:20.  He is taking a Bar Review course in the morning and studying all afternoon.  He takes the Bar at the end of July and will find out his results in October.  Please direct all communications through me this summer. 

I am busy searching for a job.  I am tutoring a few hours a week, but am looking for something full time.  We have temporary insurance for the summer, but will need decent insurance soon.  (Thought: maybe people would be more adventurous with their career paths if they didn't have to worry about health insurance.)  Would you like a copy of my resume to consider me for employment?

I have been experiencing "Runner's Knee" since the marathon and have been refraining from running (as much as I hate that.)  In the meantime, I am exploring more cross training, such as weightlifting, exercise bike, and now lap swim!  (With a kickboard.)  I guess running 26.2 miles is serious business.

Alright, peeps.  I will try to update you more this summer.  Thanks for the patience.

No comments: