Sunday, March 10, 2013

Skinny

I just realized I haven't even looked at my blog in a week.  Sorry, peeps.
We made it through another week with nothing too exciting happening.  Marathon training is going well.  My joints and muscles are constantly tired and a little achy.  I am assuming they will be that way for six more weeks.  After a recovery week, we dive in to week 12 with a 6 mile run on Monday, yoga on Tuesday, 6.5 mile run on Wednesday, spin on Thursday, rest, then 19 miles on Saturday.  You literally have to be slightly insane to train for a marathon.
In baking news, the Legal Beagle (so spoiled) has been asking for brownies a LOT.  I love brownies, but have you ever looked at the ingredients?  I'll summarize: a ridiculous amount of butter, sugar, and chocolate.  Granted, I love all of those things, but we don't need a whole pan for the two of us.  With our hearts in mind, I baked these skinny peanut butter brownies today.  (Still a cup of sugar.)  Here's one thing I learned: don't use the word "skinny" when describing a baked good to the Legal Beagle.  Actually, a good rule is to not use the term "healthy" or discuss how you added Silken Tofu to a recipe.  I'll let you know how they taste when I cut into those suckers.
I also tried a new Crock Pot recipe tonight: Rachael Ray's Spanish Chicken.  This is a really tasty one.  I think the key is the lemon, keeping the new potatoes whole while cooking (to maintain some structure), and the fresh toppers added at the end.  (No olives, thank you.)  It's slightly reminiscent of a paella taste.  Also, I used chicken breasts instead of thighs.  I'm sure a mix of the thighs and breasts would also be tasty.  (Again, our hearts.)
All right, hopefully I'll just keeping running along.   

No comments: