Saturday, March 16, 2013

Intense

During an intense play session on Tuesday night, Trooper Zika seems to have injured his little doggie withers.  He's been limping around and has had trouble going up the stairs.  He seems to be a bit better today.  He has learned how to ask his dad to lift him on to the couch, so I'm wondering if he's going to fake the limp for a little while so he can be carried everywhere.

Here is a quick bulleted list of what else is new in our lives:
  • The skinny brownies I posted about last week were awesome.  You should all make them and then eat the whole pan in two days like we did.
  • I ran 19 miles this morning!  I'd post a picture of the blood blister I have to prove it, but I'll spare you.  
  • Today is my last "official" day of mentoring!  It will be bittersweet.  I think my LS will be transitioning to a new mentor in April.  
  • Not much else is going on.  Jim's doing the law and stuff (busy as always) and I leave on vacay next week. 

1 comment:

barfy said...

I want to tell you how impressed I am with your life. First - thank you for taking the time and energy to be a "Big Sister"! You will never know what an amazing impact you have had on that child's life! I hope you do! It takes a special person to make that committment and to pull it off. Second - WOW on the running! I am starting to feel like a slug after reading about your mileage! Somehow walking around this acreage just not compare. KUDOS!
Beth Dwyer