Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Real Deal Curry

Last night Jim made this awesome curry dish for us.  It was really great and fresh.  It also took a cruise through the bulk foods aisle (if you don't have cardamom pods on hand) and a trip to the Indian market (if you don't have red Kashmiri chili (maybe you do.)  It was great for dinner and great for lunch. 
I have five books books piled up for vacation, including January's Book Club book: Paula by Isabel Allende.  If you've never read anything by her, I highly suggest it.  Her writing is beautiful, and I only wish I could read it in Spanish, which I am sure is even more beautiful.  I've also borrowed The Hunger Games from a friend, which I am excited about.
I'm also mentally preparing to register for my first half marathon.  I've been reading about training online and you really only have to get your "longer" runs in on the weekends.  The Eugene half marathon is April 29th, and my friend has an 8 week plan and I've found a 12 week plan online.  If there's anywhere to train for and run in a half marathon, Eugene is the place!

No comments: