Sunday, July 25, 2010

A pleasant Sunday

This morning Jim and I took a lovely bike ride. We stopped for a coffee at the Arcedium , then we rode to St. Charles and bought some bread at the Breadsmith. We headed back along the Fox River and dropped off my last Geneva Public Library book. Then we went to the Geneva French Market, where I bought some herbs, veggies, and fruit. I bought some great looking nectarines! The stand I like the most is out of Michigan, which may slightly defeat the purpose of buying "local." However, they said they only drive 3 hours to get to our market, and it is better than buying all California produce. I also found some fresh mozzarella that I am going to use for paninis. I've read making your own mozzarella isn't too hard. I might try this once we're settled in our new apartment. It was a nice bike ride, except for Jim getting a flat tire on the way home. Luckily we weren't too far away. I just took Trooper for a long walk, and when Jim gets home I'm going to help him bottle his home brewed beer. Tonight he's making me Ina's chicken piccata. It's always a hit! Here's a link to the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chicken-piccata-recipe/index.html

No comments: