Friday, July 30, 2010

An Exponential Reduction in my Carbon Footprint...

Next week, I will be selling my car. While Jim is in school, we will only need one car. Eugene has a bus system and is very bicycle friendly, so Jim can get to campus easily. It would be really ideal if I could get a job that I could take the bus to, but we'll see. For the last three years, I've driven quite a bit to get to work. I have taught at multiple colleges and tutored. I have usually driven around 350 miles a week on average. It's especially hard in the winter and hot summer (no AC!) Although my Chevy Aveo gets excellent gas mileage, I know I have been consuming more fossil fuels than one gal should. Not only will we be saving money for the next three years (just to renew a registration in IL it's almost $100!) but it also looks like we'll be using less fuel. I know not everyone do this, so I consider us lucky to be able to get by with one car for awhile. I've always got my beautiful Manhattan Smoothie to cruise around town on!

No comments: