Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our Wedding


On May 29, 2010, Jim and I celebrated our wedding. It was somehow more perfect than I'd even imagined it would be! We held the ceremony and reception at Heritage Prairie Farm and Market in LaFox, Illinois. The weather was amazing and every vendor we worked with was fabulous. We had around 175 guests. I found our photographer, Bob Kessler, on Craigslist, and he was great. Not only was he helpful and accommodating on the day of the wedding but the album he created was so beautiful. We served BBQ from The Country Store in Sycamore and cupcakes from the Latest Crave in Geneva. For music, we hired a cellist for the ceremony from Innocenti Strings, and for the reception Selective Recall, an 80s cover band. I also had my hair and makeup done by my stylist, Laura, at Ginger Root salon in St. Charles. It was all awesome. The best part was having so many important friends and family members in the same place, celebrating our life together. We also enjoyed having Trooper as our ring bearer and that the farm had both goats and a miniature donkey. A great way to start our married lives!