Friday, February 20, 2015

WZD


Our sweet little man arrived!  And is ten days old!  This picture was taken after he was just a few minutes old and had been cleaned in the hospital.  Look how ready he was to enter our world!

As most of you know, I was induced on Sunday the 8th around 9pm.  This little man finally came out almost 30 hours later, in the wee hours of Tuesday the 10th.  Even with the epidural, it was pretty painful.  He just didn't want to come out and my body did not know how to get him out.  I received hormones, had my water broken by the doctor, and did all I could.  Around midnight on Tuesday, I started pushing and could not get him out on my own, so the last hour of pushing he was vacuumed out.  Did I mention he was a back labor?  It was pretty stressful for Jim and me, as after 50 minutes or so with the vacuum, if it does not work, the next step is a C section.  I was a mess, but we got him out and the only harm was a circular wound on his head, that has almost healed.  Most people say that you forget about how hard labor is when you meet your baby.  I haven't forgotten.  But he was obviously worth every minute.

We came home last Wednesday and have been lucky enough to have Jim home with us.  He is so helpful.  He makes all of my meals, gets me water, and keeps the house straightened up while I feed the little dude.  This little sweet potato likes to eat every 1-3 hours.  Most nights we sleep 1-2 hours at a time and then eat and eat.  (His birth weight was 8 lbs 1 oz, went down to 7 lbs 9 oz, and as of yesterday was back up to 8 lbs 6 oz!)  He is exclusively breast fed, so I am a milking machine right now.  Hopefully in a few weeks I can pump into bottles so that I can actually leave the house without him for longer than 10 minutes.

We love this little dude so much!

No comments: