Monday, February 2, 2015

Maternity Time

Well, maternity time has started but no baby to speak of.  Due to my neuroses, it is hard for me to sit still, so I am looking forward to keeping myself busy during my time off.  One of my goals is to look for new, inexpensive recipes that will help reduce our grocery costs.  I recently bought a lovely veggie cookbooks, Super Natural Every Day, and tonight I am trying this mushroom casserole for dinner.  It looks like it will be a yummy dinner on a cold day.  Any other suggestions of cheap but healthy recipes are always appreciated!

I am also working on new ways to clean without harsh chemicals and cleaning products.  When I can, I purchase Green Works or Seventh Generation, but these can be expensive.  The only chemical ridden cleaner I can't seem to get rid of is dishwasher detergent.  I have tried the all natural ones and they just don't clean our dishes.  Someone in our house also still likes to use bleach on his whites, but I have been able to convert him to Green Works Chlorine free bleach.  Otherwise, for our bathrooms and kitchen counters, we use a mix of half apple cider vinegar, half water.  I also read that some people use white vinegar and water and either let lemons soak in the mix for a few hours or add drops of citrus oil.  My bathroom does generally smell like a giant salad after I clean, but it's better than breathing in weird chemicals.

No comments: