Saturday, August 11, 2012

Back

Were you thinking that I'm the worst summer blogger ever?  Because you were right.  It's hard to find the time and motivation to sit at the computer after being at a computer at work all week.  I'm okay with that.
The week was pretty uneventful except that Jim had some sort of big ethics exam yesterday morning, so he was studying for that all week.  There's a direct relationship between the amount of time he studies and the amount of food he eats.  Luckily the exam is over and he was able to have some fun last night to celebrate.  (Don't worry, he's ethical.) 
My friend and I started seeking out yoga studios in the Eugene area.  My teacher (whom I love ever so dearly) is pregnant.  Exciting for her, but sad for my yoga practice.  When I miss one week of yoga it takes a toll on me, so I decided it was time to find another place to go if she's out of commission for awhile.  Eugene is lacking in the fitness yoga department.  I like to go to class that will challenge me and give me a good workout, not sit and chant for an hour.  (My rule is that I shouldn't have more anxiety when I leave a yoga class than when I came in.)  And we're on a limited budget, so it has to be affordable.  So we are going through a trial and error period. 
Eugene is finally warming up.  I've felt so secluded from the horrible drought the rest of the country is going through.  We are trying to make it through the summer without installing our window AC.  (The three of us are pretty tough.)  We'll see how the next few weeks go. 
At some point I'll have to recount for my readers the continuing drama of the Siamese cat and its owners.  The good news is it seems Jim does not have cat scratch fever or rabies.  (Yay!)  The bad news is that the invalid  (we call her Smokey Jokey) who owns the devil cat still allows it to go outdoors, so it continues to chase and taunt us and Trooper.  In the meantime, the woman's (adult) son and his friends are up at 6am cutting up things with Samurai swords.  Last night another neighbor told us that that cat has attacked his dog.  And since the city of Eugene is cat friendly, we can't call animal control to have it removed.  What a wacky, wacky place we live in. 

No comments: