Monday, August 6, 2012

Bachelorette Antics

Lesson learned: I am getting older and do not have the energy I once did. 
In all seriousness, I had a fun time in Bend.  There were 13 women in a house that sleeps 10 and has two bathrooms, so that alone was an adventure.  (Another lesson learned: organizing 13 women is a bit of a challenge.)  But it was a fun adventure!
My good friend and I left Eugene on Friday afternoon (after working a half day and a quick stop in at Jim's company picnic) and arrived in Bend in the evening.  On Saturday, she and I woke up early (it was nice to have a like-minded friend along!) and went on a run then had coffee outside.  All of the gals spent the afternoon floating on the Deschuetes River (making for a very worried Jim).  After, we all got ready for dinner, which, with that many women, took until about 9:30pm and involved a lot of silly girls on the town.  On Sunday we headed home early and I was so happy to see my hubby and doggie.  (They had to survive a high of 101 degrees on Saturday in Eugene with no air conditioning!) 
So all in all it was a good weekend.  I met a lot of new girls, spent time with one of my fave Eugene friends, and went to Bend.  (Good for me to be less of a homebody!) 
Now, I can look forward to watching PBS and eating ice cream with my hubby. 

No comments: