Saturday, April 5, 2014

Chicken Saltimbocca

First wold problems: I need vin santo for a chicken saltimbocca recipe!  (Actually, for a recipe that Jim is making me while I lounge with glass of wine.)  The tense should be "needed" as after driving thirty minutes to Binny's, I found out a half bottle of the sweet wine is $25- $30.  During the course of this trip, I found out fun facts from the wine man at the store such as Thomas Jefferson loved Madeira.  In the end, we are going with the marsala wine we had in the pantry.  It may not be the same, but I don't think I'll ever know as I'll mostly be devouring the cured pork that envelopes the chicken cutlets.  Not everyone has the pocketbook of Mario Batali.

It feels like spring might be here (although it did snow a tiny bit while I walked the dog yesterday.)  I think it climbed into the lower 50s and people were outside running, walking, biking, eating ice cream, and being happy.  We opened the windows at home and could hear the birds singing all day.  It was a long, hard winter, but we seem to be emerging!

No comments: