Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Post Wedding

We are back safe and sound in the Midwest!  We had a wonderful but fast weekend in Oregon and Washington.  We landed in Portland at 11am on Friday and flew out of Seattle at 2pm on Sunday!  Whew! 

When we landed we did two things in Portland: Cafe Yumm (one of my faves) and Stumptown Coffee.  Oh my.  We then drove two hours south to Eugene and were able to see most of our dear friends there and went out to celebrate at the Bier Stein, another one of our favorite Oregon places.  I then made my running buddy wake up at 6am and run with me on a cold, dark Saturday morning just for old times sake.  (Luckily no PTSD flashbacks from marathon training.)  And before we left Eugene, we had coffee and potato doughnuts at the Hideaway Bakery.  (How did I not gain 10 pounds during this trip?)

We packed up and drove five hours north to Seattle (did I mention that we had a tiny metallic pink rental car?) and made it in plenty of time for the wedding.  The wedding was in a restored horse stable in Georetown, Seattle's oldest neighborhood.  It was so much fun!  They served delicious BBQ for dinner and doughnuts instead of cake.  We danced (gotta live up to our wedding reputation) and walked back to our hotel.  And the best part: we get to celebrate with the happy couple again in a few weeks at their Illinois reception! 

I am pretty pooped this week after our adventures, but it was worth it.  In the next few weeks we plan to start looking at places to live and start that ball moving!

No comments: